Friday, June 12, 2015

Report Card

I downloaded the little ones report card.  We don't get hard copies, we log on to a website, and I printed it into a PDF file.  Yes, she has improved, and yes it says what she still needs assistance with.  I have such a hard time not getting defensive and pissy since she's my daughter.  Yes, I see the flaws, but I found myself irritated when this morning at her conference her teacher said she did far better this year that she expected her to.  Do you know how often a neurologist has said that to me after a relapse?  And it pissed me off because it had never occurred to me that I would not recover or wouldn't get better just like it doesn't occur to me that the SWW won't learn how to do school.  Her teacher also said that when she saw her IEP from pre-school she thought OH NO what kind of kid was put into my class, and my daughter turned out to be a pleasure to have in class.  I guess I'm just grumbling here because I'm feeling lonely.

My husband has a virus and he is the most annoying sick person.  At least this time he went to doctor, last time he kept saying he would recover and he did not so it turned into bronchitis.  This time it's some sort of contagious virus that is going around and the doctor wanted to know if he was sleeping in be with me.  He said that he had been sleeping downstairs.  Yippee for me, which meant the little one took it as a prime opportunity to sleep in my bed (sigh).  I wanted time to myself.  Not to do anything particular, just read and go to sleep.

And we missed our time period to have the MIL move here.  She's getting worse and worse health wise, and more and more anxious.  I would like to move into a different style house, but can we afford to move?  The taxes in the township where we live are pricey!  Sigh, I guess I'm just feeling whiney.  It's super hot, and I can't really do much outside.          

No comments: