Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Summer is here!

Oh my goodness.  The school year ends this FRIDAY!  Bye Bye alone time.  Welcome mommy/daughter time.  A lot of things are ending for her so I do feel sorry or her.  Her kindergarten complement program which is an after kindergarten program she takes with the kids she went to pre-school with.  She has a lot of friends there, and loves the kids there.  She hasn't really made any friends in kindergarten.  She also loves her teacher, and will have deal with a new teacher along with a full day program.  So she'll start school at 8:30 and end around 3 or 4.  I'd like to get a part-time job, don't know where to go for 15-20 hours a week with flexibility during school breaks.  I don't want to work for a day care or anything like that.

Overall life is good.  I did all the doctors appointments today.  Mammogram done and good results which is always a little nerve wracking since my mom and grandmother had breast cancer.  I got the testing done for the cancer gene.  Don't know if I'll regret it or not, but I'd like to take birth control pills for control of the monthly hellion and birth control pills can a positive or negative in that area and the results will help direct me.

And the ADHD thing.  Do we do testing with a behavioral pediatrician, a pediatric neurologist, or a pediatric psychiatrist?  I have not idea what is best.  We went to a behavioral pediatrician before and have another appointment in July so I'm hoping she will be able to give us some direction.  I do not want meds yet.  The only med I think would be useful is a med to help her sleep.  Since her mood and sleep are so closely linked.  She is a very anxious kid.  Hence she worries and does not always sleep well at night.  We do give her melatonin at night and that helps, but she waked up in the middle of the night.  I do too so I feel her pain.  3am wake up for me means I do a guided meditation and try to fall back to sleep.  Most of the time I'm successful.

And moving.  Well, we had planned on doing a MIL suite, but her health is going down hill, we missed out window.  We would still like to move to a different house, but we will have to move to a different area because the taxes here are high.  My MS health has been great so the steps aren't causing me any issues or anything, but we would like a different style house.

No comments: