Monday, September 07, 2015

Life has a way of happening...The

Tomorrow the strong willed wonder starts FIRST grade.  OMG!   She seems so little (although a growing machine) just not socially emotionally mature.  I am nervous for her.  I wish I could talk my husband into medication for her.  I wish her 1st grade success! I wish that she was able to stay focused at the right times.

I've been mulling over looking for a job.  Yes the money would be fantastic, but can I get one that is during school hours AND NOT weekends or holiday?  Only 15/20 hours a week?  It is hard to find one.  I was considering the school cafeteria of the neighboring school district.  The hours are perfect 9 to 1:30, no summer or holidays, BUT I have MS can I lift heavy platters of food?  I can hardly lift the Strong Willed Wonder for a few seconds and she's 58 lbs.    Then it occurred to me, ok, when you worked you were a senior administrative assistant for a law firm, you could be some sort of secretary for a school.  Ok, the will the same hold true for holidays and summer?  And if the work day is longer than her school day will whatever child care program I have to enroll her in negate any profit?   So I mull and mull.  Maybe running errands for elderly people?  Groceries? Taking to doctor?  Or would that involve some sort of expensive insurance.  And when I do see a part-time job listed that is what I have in mind it's never close by (sigh).

On the positive side, we did the outside of our house for moving curb appeal this summer and it looks great.  I have been de-cluttering and getting rid of stuff and liking our house a lot of more.  Makes me realize living in a cluttered house is stressful.  So I actually have stopped talking about moving since felt like it was all me.  My husband the airplane man has actually been bringing it up more than I have been.  I have also been making an effort to make friends.  I've gone to the local pool as a guest with the Strong Willed Wonder and I've met a lot of nice people.  Despite all the SWW gets along with pretty much all since she is so active she'll just go off and do her own thing.  At a pool there are always energetic kids who are willing to play.  That was what was so difficult about kindergarten.  A 10 minute snack and no recess.  She does best at a play ground where she can do physical things since she is so athletic and energetic.  Now if only I could plug  myself into her energy I would be set.

Anyway, I am nervous for her.  

No comments: