Saturday, October 03, 2015

Rainy Saturday

Just checking in.  Life is looking up for me.  It's as if a switch has been flipped and I'm feeling better about my life.  It's the strangest thing.  My husband noticed my signature was much clearer  the other day.  I've decided to see a new psychiatrist and the appointment in in a few weeks.  A few months ago I took a class called Zentangle because I saw a sign in the library that said relieve stress through art.  I have NO artistic talent, but I signed up at out local art center.    It's pretty amazing.  Go to the website, it looks so complicated but each stroke is simple.  The Strong Willed Wonder can do it and she focuses!  It's an amazing thing for ADHD kids and adults along with those of us who are stressed, anxious, etc.

We are in a mega-rain storm this weekend.  There was talk about it being a tornado or something similar, but it has veered away from our area. So all that has happened it that I've gotten really wet and cold.  Since the weather is so crummy I suggested to hubby that we make our own sauce and meatballs this weekend.  The strong willed wonder will love to help mash up the tomatoes (canned) and she's quite the carbaholic so she's very happy to know we'll be eating pasta. We have pretty much eliminated carbs and eat a heck of a lot of seafood and poultry in our household.  My mom says I'm looking good that the few pounds I've gained are a positive thing and she's not the first one to say that.  I've gone from being much slimmer and am having a hard time not feeling overweight.  I will say being over 40 does make it more difficult to keep excess weight off.  Yup, I'm 41.  I've had MS since 1999, am in no way disabled :-)  although I do struggle with mood swings.  As long as I stick to exercise I'm good to go.  I joined a local ymca and they have WiFi which is cool so I can watch Netflix and such while I walk on the treadmill.

I am making friends so I'm proud of myself.  Of course it leaves me thinking about us moving to a different house next year and I'll have to start all over again.  I would love to live in a ranch house or a cape, IOW, a house where me live on one story.  If we were to stay here husband doesn't think we can afford the taxes.  So it'll be lower taxes, new friends, new school for the kidlet, new house.  Exciting and scary.

No comments: