Thursday, August 20, 2015

Whew!

The little one is at social skills camp.  It's not that close and it's from 9-12.  I guess I'm spoiled in that most of her outings are within a 15 minute drive.  It's a group run by occupational therapists for any children who are "on the spectrum" and ADD and ADHD fall under that.  She is getting better with interacting with other children and adults.  One of her weaknesses is that she makes contributions that are not applicable to the discussion.

Now I'm back.  Raining here so no pool.  We went to the Minion movie and that is awaiting an academy award ;-).  MIL is coming to night because her appointment at HUP is tomorrow.  I can tell that she only gets mediocre care at the hospital she goes to based on her comments to us.  She gleefully called to tell us the doctors office called her this week to confirm her appointment.  Um, yes, I guess the doctors she visits don't do that.

We got a lot of stuff done to the house and it looks great!  We had the house and the wood fence in the yard (for dog who has passed away) power washed and wow!  They came out looking brand new!  We had a new front and back walk put in and it looks fantastic! Next step is de-cluttering,and throwing things away followed by painting, cleaning the garage, and putting in a new master bath vanity and sink.

The nice thing about blogging is that I can talk about whatever is on my mind ;-).  We are in this fantastic school district, but I don't think it's fantastic for the energy machine.  I think she would do a lot better in a place that has less pressure, smaller classes, and more 1 on 1 teacher time.  This district is all about SAT scores and going to college.  It's a 15 minute commute for my husband which is why we live here, but it is an area with high taxes so we can't do private school. Actually we purposely moved somewhere so we wouldn't have to do private school but that was before the strong willed wonder came along and we had no idea we would have a child with ADD or ADHD.  Now my parents have offered to pay for private school, and there is one I like.  There is actually one that is for kids who have ADHD, but I haven't chosen that one since I don't thing she is very severe.

Maybe 1st grade will be better than kindergarten?  Hopefully.  I keep worrying about it.  She has a 504 Plan that involves outlets for her energy and such.  Hopefully it won't be obvious and the other children won't notice.  Hopefully the other parents won't notice or judge.  All I have to do is think about the upcoming school year and I feel queasy.

No comments: