Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Anxiety...

Anxiety affects all of us differently.  In my case I have always spoken at a rapid pace, but since life, MS, and a kid who is not a placid little one I have found that now I really speak FAST and more and more people were asking me to repeat what I said.  Then my husband told me that not only was I speed talking, I was speaking at a very soft volume so no one could hear me.  My mom stopped by for here weekly visit with a Mayo Clinic letter about soft talking being a MS symptom so I bit the bullet and went to see a speech pathologist on Monday.  We are working on slowing my speech down so it will be more understandable.  She asked me if it has always been a problem, and after thinking about it I realized I didn't have any speech issues when I was working since I had been an administrative assistant with receptionist responsibilities.  So all I can assume is that I began having speech issues 6 years ago.  Now I have speech therapy homework.

Today I had my 3rd appointment with the new psychiatrist.  She put me on Effe.xor which reduced my anxiety A LOT.  The tension headache left, I'm feeling more relaxed, no more panic attacks in the car.  Downfall?  It makes me feel sick to my stomach.  Not all the time and I can't seem to pin-point exactly when and what I need to eat to not feel sick.  So today she suggested I take it in the evening after dinner (on a full stomach) and if that doesn't help open the capsule and sprinkle the medication  on food.  So I have 4 weeks to try that and see what the results are.

She pointed out my lack of typical emotions when talking about my issues.  I smile as I talk about negative upsetting things.  Not sure what to make of that.  I noticed that at meditation class.        

No comments: