Sunday, July 19, 2015

Still looking for zen...

Am I unhappy?  No.  Am I a happy camper?  eh, occasionally.  Yesterday we went out to dinner with the MIL and we got in a fight on the way home.  It's an hour and half drive.  MIL has a variety of medical issues.  She has been in remission from lymphoma for 10 years which is fantastic.  However, she has been left with myodysplasia and is going to University of Pennsylvania where they have a cancer treatment center and she is looking into a bone marrow transplant.  That BTW is where my MS clinic is.  We live in suburbs, but about 17 miles away.  I take the train.  Anyway, DH is very stressed about work, his mom, moving, and we got in a big fight  yesterday.  He told me to "shut up" and I haven't spoken to him since yesterday in the car.  That's a long time to sit in the car in silence.

I think he got angry at me because I wasn't thrilled that his mom is coming to the mountain house with us.  We're going for 2 weeks and I just learned she is coming for 5 days.  I did know she was coming, but that was longer than I anticipated so I wasn't very excited.  I said it was fine, but last time she came she spent the whole time asking me where everything was and I felt like I had to entertain  her.  I think he thought I was being selfish, and I didn't mean for my feelings to come across that way.  I understand she she is very fatigued a lot so, she's a widow, and doesn't have the energy or living friends anymore to go on a vacation.  I also understand that we'll have to have an in-law suite in our next house and she gets on both of our nerves.  I also understand that my husband is an only child.  And I understand that I'll get a part-time job, volunteer somewhere or lose my mind with her around.    

I told the 6 year old that I was going to the YMCA this morning and left a note. Then I wandered around the mall for a bit.  When came back he and DD went out.  When they returned I asked him if he was ready to talk to me now and he said the I always talk no matter what.  I never shut up. Ok. My best friend is left for vacation with family, my mom and dad are at the mountain house with friends, and my other aquaintances are away.  LONELY!  Making mom friends is hard and sucks.      

No comments: